United European Gastroenterology GmbH (hereinafter “UEG”) collects, uses and protects your personal data with reasonable diligence according to the strict data protection provisions in Austria and in compliance with the provisions of the EU Data Protection Directive.
2. Collection of Personal Information
Personal data are data which are related to or connected with you as an individual and provide information about your behaviour or characteristics. This includes your name, postal address, telephone number and email address, as well as information about your interests and web surfing behaviour, to the extent that this information can be attributed to you directly or indirectly (hereinafter “Personal Information”).
UEG may collect, store and use your Personal Information when you register on the UEG website via myUEG or on other online platforms of UEG (hereinafter “Website”), as well as when you fill out an offline form or provide data to UEG in any other form of interaction.
UEG may make available your Personal Information to the non-profit organisation United European Gastroenterology, a non-profit organisation registered as an Austrian Verein (ZVR: 570340662). Other than that, your Personal Information will only be disclosed or otherwise transferred to third parties for internal business purposes of UEG, e.g. for executing contracts or other agreements, or for accounting purposes. UEG will not sell your Personal Information to a third party.
3. Use of Personal Information
- administer the Website and its business;
- personalise the Website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on the Website;
- supply to you services purchased through the Website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send to you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send to you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send to you our email newsletters, (you can inform us at any time if you want to unsubscribe from the newsletters);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website;
- keep the Website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the Website.
3.4. If you participate at UEG Week and Education Classroom Courses, you agree that UEG uses and publishes your Personal Information, photos and video impressions taken during the events and/or meetings for UEG´s purposes.
3.5. UEG will not, without your express consent, supply your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes, whether directly or indirectly.
4. Non-personal data
When you access the Website or provide files on the Website, data will be logged for internal system-related and statistical purposes, which may be tracked back to you (name of the file accessed, date and time of access, data volume transferred, notification of successful access and transfer, web browser and requesting domain). Data disclosing your identity will not be publicly used by UEG. UEG may, however, use any data collected in anonymized form, in particular for purposes of statistical analyses.
5. Data safety
Your data will generally be transferred to UEG in encoded form to exclude access by unauthorized third parties. Your data will be stored on secured servers. They are only accessible to authorized persons who are familiar with the applicable data protection provisions. UEG cannot, however, guarantee the security of the data and will not be liable for damages, as unauthorized access, hardware and software defects and other factors may impair data security at any time.
6. Links to other websites
Cookies are used on the Website for the following purposes:
- To remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure.
- To remember your progress in services we provide (e.g. online course, online applications).
- To remember the content of your shopping cart.
The rapid development of the internet and technical progress make it necessary to adjust the manner of handling data protection from time to time. You will be informed on our Website about any future changes.
8.4. You are entitled to access your data and change it at any time. If you request information about the data stored about you, or if you would like to have adjustments made, please contact:
UEG - United European Gastroenterology GmbH
House of European Gastroenterology
A-1080 Vienna Austria
T +43 1 997 16 39 F +43 1 997 16 39 10